Murals by Amy on Facebook

Check out my Facebook page for Murals by Amy. Hand painted, custom murals for your home, business, or restaurant!

15 June 2010

New Hope and New Ideas

So today was more officially my first big day of promoting. I dropped off postcards in a few locations (not nearly as many as I had hoped, but I'll keep working on it). I visited Langhorne, New Hope, and Jenkintown. Unfortunately I spent way more time driving than I did talking. Something I SERIOUSLY need to work on. However, you can find my postcards at Langhorne Coffeshop, as well as a few shops in New Hope, and Allegheny Art in Jenkintown.

New Hope was a bit more disappointing than I thought it would be. A lot had to do with the fact that at least half of all the stores were still closed at 11:30. Also, I went into a holistic salon/spa and the woman in charge needed to see a portfolio... which I didn't bring with me. Duhhh. So there is something I should really work on, so I can bring it with me and be way more prepared when asked for it. However, the day was not a total bust. New Hope is as lovely as ever, I found at least half a dozen great restaurants I want to try, and peddle boats! I had no idea you could rent little peddle boats to play in the river! Definitely something to keep in mind. I'm on a tight budget so I couldn't do much shopping, but I would have loved to.

Besides that, I'm still just working on promoting the new mural business. My cousin is interested in a commission for something for his wife, and two other people are interested in murals. I'm still working on getting my practice-wall, and still have a painting in the works in my basement studio.

So, by the end of this weekend I'm hoping to have a fully finished portfolio to bring along with me to different businesses. No point in slowing down now, right?

No comments: