Murals by Amy on Facebook

Check out my Facebook page for Murals by Amy. Hand painted, custom murals for your home, business, or restaurant!

08 January 2011

Happy New Year

I was doing so well for awhile!! Blogs every few days, fun topics, occasional witty ramblings (maybe not so much...). Then life gets busy, I lose motivation, and forget. Oh well. That was 2010. Time for 2011.

So my two resolutions for this year are 1) Be healthier and 2) Make art. I think they are really most of what I need to focus on.

I've been trying really hard to get more sleep and eat better. Exercise will come into play soon, really. I want to try yoga and/or pilates, and once the weather starts to warm up I will start running. Most (definitely not all) of my meals have been healthier and I've tried really reallyreally hard to cut back on crappy, compulsive snacking. I hope to convince my mom to do a little more buying of local foods too. I'm starting to get skeeved out by those gross mass-meat producing companies. Just think of that term... its gross.

The sleep thing is the most difficult because I find my brain super stimulated at night and my thoughts race as I try to go to bed. In the past 8 days of the new year I think I have come up with at least 3 big ideas that I would love to accomplish but mostly likely won't. We'll see though. At least I have plans if grad school in the Fall falls through.

And in comes my second resolution: make art. This is so super serious but so open and airy that I love it. I need to experiment more and produce more, but most importantly I need to just DO IT. I have commissions and projects going that will make it difficult to focus on my own personal work, but I have to. I know I won't grow if I don't.

In the same resolution I started (SUPER LATE) my applications for grad school. I'm actually sooo late that there are so far only 2 schools that I have a chance at getting applications in before the deadlines pass. Slacking seriously bit me in the ass this time. However, one of the schools is PAFA which is by far my number 1 choice. Fingers crossed!

In addition to commissions and grad school, in a few short months is ITALY! It is booked, I am really truly going. And my ONLY agenda there? Paint, draw, cook and travel. My day and weekend trips will probably be slightly limited just to make for maximum painting time. I don't know when I'll get the next chance to have literally 6 weeks of 24/7 available art making time. I NEED to take full advantage of it and I cannot wait. A huge thank you to Trader Joe's for letting me do it, too :)

So to my couple of little readers out there, I hope you bother me about my resolutions :) I need a little push of confidence every now and then. I apologize in advance if I'm not around as much because I will hopefully be doing lots of painting and drawing.

Love.





No comments: